Our TV Junkie

One of Alexis' nicknames around our house is TV Junkie. She loves the TV. Now, before you kill me, I promise I don't turn on the TV and sit her in front of it. I even make sure it isn't on most of the day. It's just when it's on, she's looking. She doesn't stare at it for a whole show. She just glances over here and there. (She really likes The People's Court theme).

So I keep reading that babies should NOT watch TV. I feel so guilty sometimes, like I'm ruining her if she even glances at a TV. Still, something tells me seeing a little bit of TV isn't going to ruin her for life.

So, yeah, we have a TV Junkie on our hands. I swore to myself this wouldn't happen, but it did. I mean, who can resist the colors, movement and sound of the TV? Admit it. We all are compelled by TV (Except for commericals. Commericlas are the bane of my existence. They make me want to not buy a product). I think this is just part of living in a technological world. I'll definitely have to teach Alexis to balance TV watching with fun play (and lots of it!)

3 comments:

Diana said...

I'm sure she'll be an avid reader like you are, too. :)

Carissa said...

That's true. She does LOVE books. That makes me feel better.

Unknown said...

I believe the recommendation is that kids not watch TV until they are two because it affects the development of their depth perception. But, in the class, the speaker specifically said that they recommend "No TV" because they know that if they say 10 - 20 is okay, then people will think that 40 - 60 is not that much worse. And then it will only progress from there. So, yes, a little TV will not hurt her.

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger