Dada

I was so excited and pleased when Alexis said "Dada" on Father's Day, and I think Roger was, too. Now, Alexis didn't really understand what she was talking about, but she at least really said the syllables. It's awesome how excited you get when your child first says something that actually makes sense. It's like you can feel that your child is opening up more and you are on the verge of being able to understand this personality in a new and closer way.

So where do we go from here? Every time Alexis is saying "Dada," Roger's been responding. Before long I think it will click with Alexis that Dada is Roger. When she says Dada during the day I say, "Dada's at work." I can't wait until the day she calls out purposefully for her "Dada."

I leave you with a picture of Alexis and her Dada.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger