Before I Was a Mom...

One of my friends (thanks, Casey!) does these blog prompts that a woman on another blog creates. This was one of them and I liked it and thought I'd tackle it.

Before I was a mom, I didn't think I'd be a mom.
Before I was a mom, I thought I'd be a single missionary forever.
Before I was a mom, I wasn't interested in being a mom.
Before I was a mom, I met a man I loved and realized I wasn't going to be a single missionary forever.
Before I was a mom, I married the man I loved.
Before I was a mom, I tried to have a child for a year and a half.
Before I was a mom, I cried myself to sleep sometimes desiring a child.
Before I was a mom, I learned patience from the Lord, how to wait on His timing.

Then...

I was a mom, with a tiny child growing in my womb.
I was a mom, thanking God every day for my pregnancy.
I was a mom, dreaming of what her little girl would look like.
I was a mom, praying for her little girl's safety every day.
I was a mom, making it through labor and smiling widely at her newborn baby.
I was a mom, struggling through PPD, but loving with the will.

And now...

I am a mom, loving with the heart and the will.
I am a mom, loving being a mom.
I am a mom, that sees every day as an adventure.
I am a mom, who will never regret becoming a mom.
I am a mom, who is learning and growing as a mom.
I am a mom, who will never forget that God has blessed her and that every day with my little girl is a blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger