Joy in the Little Things

One of the most awesome parts of being a mother is getting to take joy in even little things. Since I teach youth, I see parents of youth are often focused on things like grades, college acceptances, sports achievements, in other words, big things. I find it so funny that my focus, because I have an infant, is on little things like Alexis learning to roll over and sit up, growing teeth and passing objects from hand to hand. Today I was filled with happiness as she turned the pages of a book as I read it to her. She can turn pages!!!

This joy in the little things has made me wonder what little things I've missed taking joy in since I'm an adult with adult worries. I'd like to stop more often and just take joy in the fact that I breathe, have the ability to take a step, can read, can write, can communicate my thoughts and feelings. Wow. We are wonderfully made.

I thanked God today as I was looking at Alexis sleeping in my arms. I thought, "I didn't deserve her. She is a gracious gift." So is all we are and have. We have done nothing to deserve anything from the Lord. Everything, everything, is a gift of grace. Those little things we take for granted? They are a gift of grace. Wow.

What has God gifted you with?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger