This last month has been the month of freedom. It's the month of letting go of negative images and the embracing of the positive. It's finding the place I know I'm supposed to be at.
The first of this freedom began when I went to a conference on teaching. At this conference I went to a session where the speaker talked about Millennials, children born between 1982 and 2002. These would include all my students. I learned who my students are and not to sit in judgment on their lives but to realize who they are, appreciate them and meet them where they are at. I felt so much freedom knowing I can now walk into a classroom and understand my students. The door is open to such amazing opportunities and I am so excited for them.
The second freedom has been in the discovery of grace-based parenting. I had been looking to find what my style and method of parenting would be and I found grace-based parenting. This is parenting focusing on using Jesus' discipleship methods and principles. It focuses on grace, love and forgiveness. It's refreshing and I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off of me.
Freedom...It's an amazing thing. Thank you, Lord, for taking my burdens!
0 comments:
Post a Comment