Life is fleeting in many ways. James 4:14 calls life "a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." When we consider eternity, even 80 or so years on this planet is but a brief moment...so we should make every moment count.
This weekend, my husband and I went out to eat. Our waitress loved Alexis. She said Alexis reminded her of when her little girl was little, so I asked her how old she was now. Our waitress said her daughter would be fifteen, but she passed away when she was six. It was an unexpected liver issue that took her very quickly. I couldn't help but get teary and gave our waitress a hug. What struck me was our waitress' heart. She didn't seem angry or upset. She said her daughter was with God and she enjoyed the time she was given with her daughter.
As I sat at the table, I recalled a story I had heard about a couple that had a child that was born with a terminal illness. They had two years with their daughter and they said they determined to enjoy the little time they had and instead of lamenting it make every moment count.
I have precious time with my little girl. Each day is a gift and one not to be squandered. I don't know how long God has given me to spend time with my sweet girl. I pray it is a very long time and I die before she does. Even so, I take this lesson from these people I have encountered: every day, every moment, every hour you get to spend with your child should count. Don't get so busy and wrapped up in yourself that you let the clock tick by and produce regrets. Let your time be of glorious value.
0 comments:
Post a Comment