Shutterfly Vent Review

So, I got this promo from Shutterfly that said I could get $15 off my first order at Shutterfly and I thought, "Hey. Free project. Why not?" I went to the website, signed up for an account and then went to work on a couple 8x10 posters. When I finished, after a good deal of work, I discovered that I could not apply the promo code. So I looked at the details. Nothing about not being able to use it with posters. But, I thought, the promo did only have pictures of birth announcements. So I went back and started to look at and work on an announcement.

A good while later, after working on this for a good amount of time, I find that the code still doesn't work. At this point I am totally annoyed. So I get an idea and just pick another announcement (a more expensive one, hint, hint) and lo and behold the code works. Now, the promo said NOTHING about this code only working on certain announcements. Basically, since it only works on the expensive announcements, you still get suckered into paying a good deal.

So, now I think, "I'll use this on something else and see if it applies to photo books." I go to start a photo book and on the right hand side of the page it says that the promo code applies. "Great!" I think. So I spend two more hours working on a photo book. (You can probably guess what's coming). When I go to check out, oh surprise!, the code doesn't apply.

BEWARE SHUTTERFLY PROMOS! I'm all for American capitalism. I understand they are trying to make money and get people interested in their products. What makes me so angry is the fact that the advertising to get you to the site includes a promo that says nothing about what you can and can't do. Even on the website when I looked at the promo details, it said nothing about users not being able to apply the code on certain products. I'd be fine if the promo had simply said, "$15 off on your first order. Only applies to certain announcements and does not apply to any other products." Just be honest, advertisers!!! As it stands, Shutterfly's hiding the real meaning of its "$15 off" has just turned me completely off of the company.

4 comments:

Kerry C. (AKA "Kallie") said...

Ouch. Yeah. Sounds like an all-day learning experience you had. I can see how that would stink. Thank you for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that totally stinks and is annoying

Emma and Jackson's Mom said...

Could it have been a problem with your browser/computer? Did you call Shutterfly to see if you could resolve the issue?

Carissa said...

Not a problem with my computer, just inaccurate info on their promo. Nothing explained the problem till it was too late to use the code, but they made it right so I am so happy!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger