Napping...Do I Have To?
So, the title is about me, not my little girl. I've been reading about how babies get on schedule by around four months and how you can start helping them sleep in their crib where they actually get the best sleep (this has been proven scientifically). My problem? I don't want to put her down for naps! Can't I just keep holding her? I mean, isn't my lap or belly just as good as a crib? Oh, how I hate this change. I just want to keep holding her for naps forever. (Okay, maybe not when she's like 13 :-D). But I do know it's best to train her that the crib is the place for naps. *Sigh* It's sad that she's already grown this fast...But then, I'd rather her grow at a normal rate than not at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You know, there is what science says, then there's what mommy says. I still hold mine during naptime occassionally too ... and he's almost 4! But then, I let him sleep on the couch for mid-day nap. If he sleeps anywhere else, he does not go to sleep for over an hour. On the couch he's out in less than 15 min and I don't have to deal with the crankies.
It's wateva works (as long as they stay healthy).
To me, moderation is key. She needs the habit of sleeping on her own if anything for your sanity later on. But once in a while (and I"ll let you define that :-D ) is COMPLETELY understandable. From what I hear, they grow up and don't wanna cuddle as much anymore. Get it where you can!
Post a Comment