Shutterfly Redemption...I Hope!--Updated

Update: Yes! Shutterfly came through. They not only gave me the $15 credit, but they made the whole order, except shipping/handling and tax, free! Okay. I totally forgive Shutterfly now and can say that they go out of their way to make customers satisfied. It's nice to see a business doing the right thing. I'm glad I wrote them now. I felt bad about it because for some reason I always feel bad sticking up for myself. But I am glad I did because the right thing happened as a result. I think I should also give God the glory for the justice I've received.

***********************************************************************************
Okay, so I am literally amazed that Shutterfly responded again to me when I said I was frustrated by this $20 thing. I really expected to be ignored since I was being a difficult customer (which I really
hate to be, by the way; I try to be as nice as possible. Sometimes, though, I feel I need to stick up for what is right, which I think was this instance. If I had a business and a customer had this much trouble, I'd want to make it right). Anyway, that is what Shutterfly is proposing to do: make it right.

I got another e-mail and they informed me that what the other customer service rep said about the $20 was incorrect and I only needed to get $15 worth of products to get the promo (this doesn't count on shipping or tax, but I knew that). So they said to add the products I want to my cart and they would apply a $15 discount. Now I just have to wait and see if they follow through.

So, since Shutterfly might redeem itself, I now have to give credit where credit is due. They are trying to make it right. I still think the promo should have been clearer that the $15 promo to your order meant you had to get $15 worth of products, but I am pleasantly surprised that they are still willing to help me.

That said, I still think the collages I worked on I won't order through Shutterfly, but through CVS' Kodak Kiosk. The shipping and handling just kills at Shutterfly. However, I do want to make a photo book for Alexis and I think after this I probably will make that at Shutterfly. The site is really easy to work with...they just need to be clearer in promos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ohh I hope they follow through. I have used Shutterfly before and haven't had issues like this. I am glad that they are trying to make you a happy customer. Lets just hope they follow through

Ami said...

I have made books and collages with shutterfly, and have been very pleased with my products I have received. My sisters love "blurb" books (I think that was the name!) to me shutterfly was super easy to use, and my products were great quality. Glad they redeemed themselves.

Kerry C. (AKA "Kallie") said...

That's totally awesome, Chica! Praise the Lord!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger