A Mommy's Sad Heart

So Alexis got her first boo-boo and the worst part of it is, she got it from her mommy :-( I was trimming her fingernails, which I have done many times before, and I took a little bit out of her finger rather than her nail. I knew I had done something wrong when she got a horrified look on her face. Then she burst into tears. I felt horrible! She bled for quite a bit, but calmed down quickly. Now I have her wearing a mitt to keep her from sucking on it because she opened it up again today. I almost cried when that happened. I felt so guilty. Oh, the things that make a mommy's heart sad. This is one of the worst. My only consolation is that Alexis won't remember this unhappy incident in her young little life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I remember the first time we did this to Emma. I cried and cried, I think I cried more than Emma did. We have since done it at least once to all the kids. I am shocked at how much it bleeds. I am sorry she got her first boo boo!

Kerry C. (AKA "Kallie") said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerry C. (AKA "Kallie") said...

Well, I can honestly say I never trimmed Suzy's finger. But I did drop her from about 5 inches off the floor (very accidently I assure you. I was so mortified). Then there was the time (or two or three...?) I konked her and Alex's head on the door frame whilst trying to get them in the carseat. Oh, and then there was the time I walked her face first into the desk. And then there was the time..............

*Ahem* suffice it to say, it may be the first, it won't be the last. But each and every single time takes a piece out of your heart.

I'm right there with ya' girl! *sniffle*

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger