1. The setup: I put out a plastic mat we have to keep any of our Fairy Tea items from spilling onto the floor. I put everything we needed for the tea on it. I used real tea cups from our wedding china. Have to make it extra special! I also laid out my daughter's fairy wings, skirt, headband and wand. Since we don't have any other fairy wings, I set out the bee wings and flower for me. A bee visiting a Fairy Tea :-)
2. Stickers: I found these $1 fairy stickers at Target. I put them out as well for Alexis to decorate the table mat if she wanted. She wanted :-)
3. Food: When Alexis saw the setup she was so excited for our tea. We put on our wings and then I brought out the food. I went simple since she already had lunch at preschool. Alexis doesn't really like tea yet so I bought her favorite juice--cranberry-raspberry. For treats, I went to Market Street and bought truffles, two each of chocolate and red velvet. They were a hit for me and her!
4. Fairy Dust: The icing on the cake was creating a bottle of fairy dust for her to make people fly (and decorate her clothes as was inevitable). I bought a small bottle with a wire handle at Hobby Lobby and also a pack of ultra fine glitter that came with a variety of colors.
The bottle looked really pretty and she enjoyed putting some on her clothes and flying around the house. Just remember to tell your littles not to dump the whole thing but pinch some out of the bottle!
We had a good bit of fun. The whole thing didn't take much to plan or do. I put it all together this morning. I love building these fun memories for Alexis. Take some time and think what your child enjoys. It may not be fairies, but whatever it is, think about surprising them one day with a simple party!
0 comments:
Post a Comment