I didn't have any newspaper. I grabbed an old phone book and tore out pages to put the eggs on. We used one paint brush per color so the paint wouldn't become muddy as it tends to do when a four year old paints :-) We also used one paint color per paper plate. It's best to paint the eggs in halves so you have more control over them.
Part of this craft is letting go of perfection for your kiddos. I let Alexis paint her eggs however she wanted. She did ask for help in completely covering the pink egg in red and the purple egg in green. She had so much fun.
Of course, I was a little more directed with myself. We had a metallic paint and I put that on purple eggs. I thought I'd put on two coats, but I liked the streaky purple. I don't know how they look to you here, but I think in person they look great. My pattern one lacked a little. Oh, well. But I am a bit proud of my flowered egg.
Let dry for an hour and voila! Painted eggs. Alexis' above and mine below.
Another easy craft you could do today! Have fun with it and get creative!
0 comments:
Post a Comment