Easy Easter Banner for Mommy and Kids

So this idea does not come directly from me.  My cousin posted it on Facebook and she had gotten it from somewhere else, too :-)  Pass the ideas down!  I am always up for easy and fun crafts.  This one is an Easter banner that can be made with a child of any age, even a toddler.



So, to make this banner I created a triangle template in Word using auto-shapes.  You can download my template here if you want.  Then I got some construction paper and traced the template on different colors.  I cut them out and gave half of them to my daughter and half to me (plus the middle piece).

We used Easter stickers to put on the triangles.  (My cousin used Easter stamps.  You can do anything Eastery.  Maybe drawing pictures for older kids or writing words on them).  Alexis put eggs on hers and colored grass around them with a crayon.

I then got some pretty yarn, punched two holes in each triangle and thread the yarn through.  Voila!  An Easter Banner.  My cousin stapled the triangles to rickrack, so that's another option if you have some lying around.  Easy, fun and even really young kids can help make it!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea, because it's adaptable to so many occasions and is a simple way to spruce up the room. I like your hole punching method, too, because I don't keep "fancy" craft supplies around my house. ;)

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger