Easy Birthday Treat

Alexis' birthday is coming up and I wanted to bring treats to her preschool class.  I look around for treats that are simple to make and fun to look at.  Last year I made Fruity Pebbles ice cream cones.  This year I found a treat even easier to make and so cute: Marshmallow pops.

To make these you need large marshmallows, melting chocolate (I used Wilton's), sprinkles, cake ball sticks and a foam disk (optional).  I put the sticks in the marshmallows first.  Cake ball sticks were sold out, so I had to buy cookie sticks.  They were too long, so I just cut them in half.  Next I melted the chocolate in a double boiler.  Wilton's dark chocolate melts taste like hot cocoa--perfect for marshmallows!  I poured the chocolate in a narrow cup, then dipped in my marshmallows leaving a little white on the bottom for a fun effect.  I sprinkled the marshmallows as I went.  I bought a foam disk to stick them into for drying and display purposes.  It's an easy and cheap way to make them stand upright.  Wilton chocolate needs to be frozen solid, so I put the disk in our freezer for five minutes and voila, a cute birthday treat!

Alexis' teacher told me all the kids loved them.  These are simple, cute and the best part to me is they aren't overwhelming treats for a kids.  A little sweet to love and then they are done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger