Mama Kat Prompt: Time for a break! Show us where you go for quiet time.
So, I took a picture of the place I spend most of my quiet time in: my bed! I even left it unmade to show you how it usually looks (yes, I am not that "super mom make the bed every morning" type). I have always found my bed to be the best place to go for quiet time. It's comfy and relaxing. I love reading in bed and I do almost all my quiet times there. It's a great place to pray. I guess for me, my bed is a place of rest, not just sleep, but rest to revitalize. Often I'll take a quiet moment, read or pray, and then take a little siesta. My mind is filled with what I just read or prayed and it makes my nap pleasant.
I will say that I also do enjoy taking time outdoors, but I do it far too little. For one thing, there is a small window in Texas where you can go outside and actually enjoy the weather (basically late October-early November and late March-early April). Sure, I could rise early to catch the less crazy temps, but I am not the early riser type. Sorry, I don't believe in early to rise makes a man healthy and wealthy and wise (maybe early to bed, though). Anyway, I recently was able to enjoy my quiet time on our beach vacation on this little balcony. The view of the ocean was wonderful. Wish I could have my quiet times there every day.
Whether you have a quiet moment in your bed or in nature, I think the important thing is that we just take the time to let ourselves relax and rest. Guard your quiet time and enjoy it!
2 comments:
You sound a lot like me! :-) I rarely make my bed and HATE mornings. Found you from Mama Kat's. New follower.
http://littlebishopchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/06/stepping-out-of-my-comfort-zone.html
Oh my gosh, we're cut from the same cloth! That's exactly how my bed & surrounding area look. My bed is made when I change the sheets. I read in bed and also find it a place of rest. It's where I enjoy my Bible study. I don't get outside nearly as much as I should either. A view of the ocean would be wonderful!
Post a Comment