Carissa's List of Awesome Gear for Baby

I thought I'd let other mothers know the baby things I have discovered and fallen in love with and why I like them. I am a researcher when it comes to purchasing pretty much anything (aside from groceries and clothes), so I have put time into finding out what people like and why. Now, I'm going to join the reviews out there and let you know what awesome things for babies I think are out there.

1. Graco Metrolite: I
adore this stroller. I keep it in my car so it is always readily accessible. It is lightweight, so easy for me to get in and out of the trunk. It pushes smoothly, so much so, I am ecstatic when I get to use it, it is so much fun. Our Graco infant seat does lock into it as well. I love that I will get use out of this all throughout Alexis' childhood. Also, Graco can replace any part of the Metrolite if it breaks.

2. Fold and Go Diapering Kit: There are all kinds of these out there, but what I love about this one is how easy it is to use with one hand! I fold it out, lay Alexis down on it, the wipes and diapers are already right at hand, I change her, pick her up, fold it up and I'm done. It's invaluable for changing her when I'm out, plus, it covers the restroom changing tables (and we don't want to think what is on those!)

3. SwaddleMe and Halo Sleep Sack: I love that I never have to worry about Alexis getting cold and I
also don't have to worry about her suffocating on blankets. The SwaddleMe is great for new babies and it saves parents swaddle frustration. Alexis always got out of our blanket swaddles. The SwaddleMe kept her swaddled and tight and made swaddling fun. We transitioned to the sleep sacks when she was older. They zip up from the top so you can change a diaper easily in the night, zip your little one back up and put them back to bed!

4. Paci Pod: The link is to several on Amazon. Mine isn't on there, but the concept is the same. I hang my paci pod off my diaper bag. This means that clean pacis are always within reach whenever I need them. I like that my paci pod is circular shaped. It works well with my Soothie pacifiers. You can get circular shaped ones at any Baby Store.

5. Sophie the Giraffe: Yes, it's imported. Yes, it's expensive. And yes, I love it and so does Alexis! This giraffe is made of natural rubber. It is so easy for Alexis to hold and to chew. She especially loves the legs. Sophie also makes a squeaky noise. Alexis can chew on Sophie for a long time and she doesn't get frustrated because it is so easy to stick Sophie into her mouth. This was a great vacation present for Alexis!

6. Baby Banana Teether: This teether was designed by a dental hygienist mom. She wanted to do something to get her babies used to a toothbrush. The teether is so cute, it looks like a little banana, and it has soft rubber bristles. For infants, it has handles (there is a toddler version that is larger without handles as well). Alexis loves holding the banana and putting it in her mouth. I love that she's already getting used to the idea of a brush in her mouth.

7. Manhattan Toy Winkel: I am overjoyed I put this toy on my baby registry! This was the first toy Alexis fell in love with. It is so easy to grasp, so soft to chew on and also rattles. She still adores it. This toy is a winner!

8. Freddie the Firefly: So many ways for baby to play with just one toy! This toy is designed to stimulate baby's senses. It has crinkly parts for crinkling, a squeaky nob, a teether, it makes a noise when shaken, it has a mirror, the back wings are black and white for newborns and the front is colorful. Alexis loves to touch Freddie and Freddie keeps her engaged, especially in the car on long car trips.

9. Board Books: Got to have these! Read to your child! Get them started early. There are so many good books out there. For infants, the best to start with are simple ones with one picture on each page. It's best to just have ones that you can point out objects and name them. As your baby grows, you can start to read ones with stories.

10. Babee Tenda Feeding Table: I left the Baby Tenda products for last for two reasons: 1) They are more expensive (though we didn't pay as much as Amazon offers them for because we went to a Babee Tenda seller) and 2) Some people feel entrapped by Babee Tenda. Babee Tenda puts on safety seminars where they share their products. Unfortunately, they don't tell people they will try to sell a product. I wish they would because their products are great! I guess maybe they think the expense will keep people away. Anyway, what I love is the versatility of the table. We have already got tons of use out of the table. We sit Alexis in it and put toys on the table for her to play with. She loves it! And we sit on the couch and so we are eye to eye with her because of the low height. But the table is also adjustable, so when she does start to eat with us, we can raise it to the level of our dining table. Not only that, but when she is older, the table converts into a play table that you can use for almost anything and includes a white board and a chalk board for older kids to write on. We also got an optional folding chair for when she is older. I adore this table. It is expensive, but the versatility and long life of this table are worth it to me! My advice to get the table at a good price is to try ebay or to go to one of the Babee Tenda shows. You can call them (find the number on their website) and they can let you know who is a Babee Tenda retailer in your area.

11. Babee Tenda Crib: Once again, we paid a whole lot less for this because we bought it through a Babee Tenda seller. There are three things I love about the crib: 1) The door that opens on the front. So helpful! I can just sit by the crib and reach in and touch Alexis. When she is older, she can use the door herself (with my help, of course, because the locking mechanism is totally secure). 2) The drop sides. I know, I know, drop sides are getting a bad rap these days, but that is because the recalled drop side cribs are made with cheap plastic mechanisms. The Babee Tenda crib comes with metal mechanisms. They are completely secure and Babee Tenda has never had a recall. I feel totally safe with the drop sides. 3) The crib is versatile! It has box springs, just like a normal bed. You can turn it into a toddler bed, with a safety rail, an older child's bed and even a day bed or small couch later. It is expensive, but well worth it. Some people complain that it doesn't look pretty, but I think that's not a good reason to not purchase this crib. The simple design of this crib means that my mobile fit the crib easily (I've heard lots of people complain about toys not fitting their cribs, but that's all because of cutsie design!). I like a practical crib. To find a good price on the crib, you can always try ebay or even call Babee Tenda to find a retailer in your area. The only possible drawback to me is the crib doesn't fit regular sheets. You'll have to buy Babee Tenda's. But that didn't bother me a bit. I bought them with no problem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That feeding table it awesome! I love the paci pod, we use it all the time! That crib is the coolest one I have seen! I love it!

Carissa said...

I love the feeding table! Like I said, I wish people knew more about Babee Tenda. The feeding table and crib are totally well made and will last a long time. I've read about people who have passed feeding tables on to their children because they are so durable!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger