Alexis' Baby Dedication

Alexis was dedicated this Sunday. As our pastor says, it's more like a parent dedication, because the parents are making the declaration that they will raise their child in the Lord. My goal is to be a Deuteronomy 6:4-9 parent:

"
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

I want Alexis to hear about God everyday. Already I am reading books to her about our Lord. They are simple, yet they already express the truth that there is a God and a Savior. My foremost prayer for my little girl is that she will walk in the way of the Lord. True, I pray for her salvation, but I want her to go beyond this. I want her to be saved and then walk in the Lord, with a passion for Him. In other words, I want her to throw off apathetic, lukewarm Christianity and embrace true, authentic relationship with the Lord. And this is what I need to be aware of as a parent. I need to do all in my power to foster and encourage that relationship. This is my commitment to my daughter and to the Lord on her dedication day.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This was so beautiful and what I wish for my children too! Carissa you are such an inspiration! The family pic with Barkef praying at the top is wonderful! So pretty!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger