Odd Hour Mama
I used to be in bed by 10:00pm. We were pretty much by clockwork on this one. But now I've become an Odd Hour Mama. Take last night for example: Alexis has a fairly standard schedule-eat, awake for a couple hours, nap for an hour. So, she was fed at 6:00, awake until 8:00 and then napping. I held her in my lap, trying to watch the Olympics (yes, I managed to be awake to see Lysacek) and I fell asleep. Roger woke me up around 11:15. I hadn't done nearly all the stuff I needed to do for school and the kitchen needed to be clean. So, we get Alexis fed again and then I rocked her to sleep and put her in her crib. Then I stay up until 2:30am doing schoolwork and cleaning (okay, I admit I also read an article on my favorite LOST site). But the point is that this has become my new normal. I get so used to being up at odd hours with Alexis that I seem to have energy out of nowhere at those times to get things done. So why not? I guess sometimes you just have to give in and be an Odd Hour Mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment