The Future

It seems I can't do anything most of the time but stare at my beautiful little girl. She's so cute, so sweet, so perfect. And then I think of her future. Yes, there will be many good times that I feel great love for my girl. I am sure I will always be blessed to be a parent. But then there are those other times in the future that come to my mind...

"No! I don't want to wear that!"

"You don't love me!"

"But I want to!"

Ah...the joys of the future. I know these times will come because I know what I was like. It's so difficult to imagine my sweet little baby saying things like that or ever being disobedient. Don't babies stay perfect? I wish. During my pregnancy, as I prayed for a healthy baby and for her sustained life, I also prayed that I would always remember she is a gift from God even on the days she doesn't feel like a gift. I am sure those days will come. But I am hoping God will always speak to my mind and remind me that she is a gift, even when she doesn't act like one I want at that moment. Ah...God, please keep this lesson in my mind in the future to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I will be praying the same!

Anonymous said...

I remember those days...

and then Laura started to talk. ;)

And, no matter how snotty she can be, she is a gift straight from the Lord...even when I don't want to admit it!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger