Hello all! This week I picked fun things to do up to Halloween for me and my girlie. I thought it would be fun to share and maybe you can do them ,too, if you need something to entertain your little ones.
First off, let me note for those who either don't celebrate Halloween or minimize it, even though we do go trick or treating, all the activities I post will have no blood or gore involved. Even if you don't celebrate Halloween, most of them can be used for general Fall fun for your kiddos or even adapted to have nothing to do with Fall at all. I'll try to give modifying ideas as I post.
So, we actually began yesterday (I'll be posting twice today). We started with carving our pumpkin. We did this earlier than the day before Halloween since my girlie's grandparents were in town. Alexis decided she wanted a face on her pumpkin this year. There are lots of templates online--we found a great one with different faces here. She picked the kitty since she adores kitties. (If you want to go general Fall with no Halloween imagery, try carving acorns, corn, scarecrows, birds, leaves, "happy harvest," etc.)
Papa helped her degunkify the pumpkin (yes, I made up a word :-D):
And then daddy and I jointly carved it (she held part of the handle while I cut). I highly recommend the cutting tools kits you can find in grocery stores. The tools work quite well, especially the little sawing knives that cut precisely. Also look for a tool that looks like a toothpick. You tape your pattern to the pumpkin and use the tool to dot around the pattern so you just cut dot to dot. Here's our kitty:
Ready for Thursday...
We put our carved pumpkin in the fridge until Halloween night. It keeps pretty well if carved no more than four days in advance.
Preview for Next Post: Monster Tissue Boxes!
0 comments:
Post a Comment