A First! Mince Pies

I blame Rick Steves for making me do this.  Every year I watch his European Christmas DVD and wish I could go to all the places and talk to all the people.  In England, one of the women makes mince pies and this year I thought, "I've never had a mince pie.  I'm going to make them."  So I found a recipe and made them for New Year's Eve.  The recipe I used can be found here.  I bought the mincemeat at Market Street, a good chunky version.  Quite yummy! I also decided to make mini mince pies by using a mini cupcake pan.  To cut the circles I just used different sized cups we have.  They turned out delicious and I heartily approve.   Here's a glimpse at my pies below:


Check out Rick Steves' description of Christmas in England, along with the mince pies here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger