Mama Kat Writing Prompt: List your top 7 favorite Apps!
I have a Samsung Galaxy, so all of the apps I will be recommending can be found on the Google Play Store. I'm going to assume you can also get many of them for other kinds of devices. Also, these are apps I like besides my normal e-mail and Facebook apps. Here they are in ascending order:
7) Animal Fun Puzzle--Who doesn't need to distract their child when out sometimes? My daughter adores this app. There are so many varieties of puzzles in this app that she can play with it for a long time before finishing all the puzzles. The puzzles increase in difficulty and the age level spans between 2-5 years old.
6) Kids ABC Letters--A great educational app! This app contains four different ways to learn the letters of the alphabet. First, a child learns the names of the letters as she sees them and hears their names recited. Second, there is a puzzle game that helps a child learn how letters are formed. Third, another game has the child recognizing the letters as she "fishes" for the right letter. And finally, the last part of the app presents words and the child needs to identify certain letters within the word. When my daughter first played this app she was a little young, 2 1/2, and not so interested. Now, at 3, she loves the app, especially the puzzle letters and the fishing game. It has definitely helped her learn letters.
5) Ligonier--This is the app of Ligonier ministries, the teaching ministry of R.C. Sproul. Sproul is a great Bible teacher both exegetically and theologically. What I like most about this app is that you can access teaching by topics, series, Q & A, various teachers besides Sproul, articles, sermons and devotionals. It just offers so very much for someone who wants to dig into the Word.
4) Fox 4 Weather--I admit it. I want to know the weather all the time, every day and this app helps me do that. You can find any location in the United States, get the 10 day outlook, current temps, hourly temps, etc.
3) Lose It--I've lost 18 pounds using this app. With Lose It, you set your own goal regarding how much weight you want to lose per week and it tracks how many calories you can eat each day to reach that goal. You can also scan a bar code with the app and it will bring the item up right away. Easy to use and invaluable for helping me lose weight and eat healthily by tracking what is going into my body.
2) Unreached of the Day--Want to pray for the lost globally? This app provides information on people groups in which few or no people have heard the gospel. Provides prayer points each day for one people group. I like that am praying not just locally, but for the world as well.
1) And Bible--This is the free Bible app I use and I love it. You can download several different versions of the Bible and switch between them easily. You can take notes and bookmark as well. You can also download several theological books. I like that I have the Bible with me at all times and don't need to carry a big book around with me now. My Bible is within easy reach in my purse.
0 comments:
Post a Comment