Sour Cream Cookies

Two days ago, I made my favorite Christmas cookies--sour cream cookies.  As far as I know, only my family (including extended on my dad's side) has ever made these cookies.  They are unique, soft and delicious and I love them!  These cookies are so good because they turn out with a cake-like consistency.  If putting sour cream in a cookie mix sounds odd, I encourage you to give it a try--you will not be disappointed.  (And by the way, the batter is absolutely amazing.  I know the recipe has raw eggs, but I can't help but lick the spoon!).  So, without further ado, here's the recipe:



Sour Cream Cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 oz. red or green food coloring (optional)
3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
Powdered sugar
Water

Cream together the sugar and butter/margarine (I use my Kitchen Aid--makes it easy).  Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla.  (These can be made without food coloring, but we usually make them at Christmastime and add food coloring.  So, if you want, add red or green food coloring at this time).  Mix well.  Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.  Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.  (I recommend dropping heaping spoonfuls--bigger is better).  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Cool.  Make a simple glaze with powdered sugar and a few drops of water to spreading consistency.  Spread on cooled cookies.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!  Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful. If I can get my act together, I am going to make mine tonight with the traditional red. Where did you find the cute holly leaves and berries?? Are they sprinkles?

Mom

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger