For the turkeys, I modified it only a little. Instead of using regular oreos, I used chocolate oreos so that the whole turkey would be brown. I also put not just a waddle on the turkey with red icing, but the snood as well (that's the part that hangs off a turkey's nose--and for trivia's sake, is retracted when the turkey is calm and only hangs down when it is excited or upset and thus all our Thanksgiving turkey pictures contain turkeys who want to mate or are angry, perhaps because they are about to be the main attraction at a Thanksgiving meal--I added it to my turkeys because they looked so wrong without it since all the cartoon pics always have the snood on the turkey). Here's an up close pic:
I also tried to make the Thanksgiving pilgrim hats, but they didn't turn out so well. I didn't have enough chocolate to just dip the marshmallows, so I had to roll them in chocolate and it made the hats lumpy. Still, they tasted great and people loved them. I used semi-sweet chocolate since the marshmallow is so sweet. Here's an up close pic of the hat:
I really enjoyed making these and they might become an every year thing. They weren't hard to make and I had fun. I put a turkey at everyone's place at my parents' house to make them table decorations (completely yummy edible table decorations). So here's the final product on the pretty Thanksgiving table (the doilie keeps the oil residue from the oreo off the pretty table):
2 comments:
Very cute! Great work! Might just have to try it myself!
That is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job! :)
Post a Comment