Alexis' Second Birthday! (With "How to Throw a Maisy Mouse Party")

We had a great week this week! This week was Alexis' second birthday. On her birthday we went to the Rainforest Cafe and rode a carousel. This weekend was her birthday party. Alexis loves Maisy Mouse, so I had determined that we'd have a Maisy Mouse themed party. The issue with Maisy, however, is that she is way more popular in England than here. So, I had to get creative with Maisy birthday supplies. Here are some pics. The first is our gift to her and the rest are the party:

We got her a kitchen for her birthday and she loves it! I am also so pleased with it after all the research I did to find a good kitchen. So far, every day she wakes up and says, "Kitchen." She's loving "cooking." I also got cool veggies that you cut up or tear leaves off of. Best of all, the kitchen comes with a burner that boils when a pot is placed on it and sizzles when a pan is on it.


A friend of mine's daughter is great at making cakes! She decorated this cake for Alexis' party. It turned out so wonderful, exactly what I wanted. Alexis was so excited about her Maisy cake.


Roger and I created this Maisy Happy Birthday banner with Maisy and all her friends.

A while back I found this woman on ebay who handmade a Maisy outfit. I ordered the blouse from her and paired it with red pants. Alexis loved the blouse! I also printed out Maisy ears for people to wear at our party.

We invited a couple little girls from our small group to come to the party. I think they had a good time. Here they are eating cake with Alexis.

An idea I saw on a website was to roll out bubble wrap for toddlers to stomp on. This was a fun activity as they marched over the wrap and heard the bubbles pop!

I made the favor bags by buying white bags and then printing out a Maisy picture and gluing it to the bags. I went to party city and found toddler friendly favors--no small parts!

It was a great party and I am glad it turned out so well. And I am above all blessed that I have been a mother for two years. I just love my little girl so much and I am looking forward to more good times and great years together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger