Freedom!

So, we finally took down most of our barriers in the living room (the exception is the one surrounding the computer) and Alexis felt the joy of true freedom for the first time! It was such a joy to watch her, too! Seriously, she kept going back into the kitchen and every time she crawled into it she just started to squeal with laughter. She crawled to the dish washer and played with her reflection, she banged on the oven door and she discovered the delightful finds that the floor length blinds in the kitchen are a kick to smack over and over and the kitchen chairs make squeaky noises if you push them around the floor. I tell you, it is so much fun to watch a baby discover! Everything is new and everything is fun!

*Sigh* I hope that I never stop wanting to discover. Luckily, I still love learning about the world. I love documentaries. Even today, Roger was explaining an article he read about Einstein's theories of time and Genesis 1. I learned something new and so interesting. When Jesus said we needed to be like a little child in regards to faith, I know he was talking about trusting God wholly. But I also think that we need to hold onto the joy of discovery. We can see God's world through childlike wonder, always amazed, and we can hold God's hand as a child and look up and just be awed by our Daddy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger