This Mother's Day my husband gave me flowers and a beautiful card. But it was one phrase he wrote in the card that got me thinking. He wrote, "You were made for this job." Wow. I hadn't really thought of that. You see, I didn't spend most of my life daydreaming about my husband and kids when I grew up. I wasn't like other girls. I didn't plan out my wedding or kids or anything like that. I determined early on in High School that I would be a single missionary overseas. Then in college I continued to move this direction. And I did do mission work overseas. Did God want me there? Absolutely! He used me and it was wonderful both for me and those He let me bless.
But then I came home and to make a long story short, God directed my path a different way. He made me a teacher. Still, a family wasn't anywhere in my mind. But God had his own plans. He brought my husband into my life, a wedding (which I now had to think about since I never had) and then a child, a beautiful daughter. So did God want me here? Absolutely!
I really was afraid I wouldn't be a good mom since it wasn't something I ever felt called to or dreamed about. And for two weeks after Alexis was born, when I was struggling through postpartum depression, I doubted my mommy abilities even more. But on Mother's Day, when I read those words, the thought that hit me was, "It's true." I can see how God did make me to be a mother. It's been like falling into a natural groove. It's like it was meant to be--and it was. God knew I would be a mother and He made me to be a mother, even though I didn't see it. Wow. I am so glad my God has plans higher than I! It is to God I must trust my purpose and plan.
Thank you, God, for making me a mother and giving me a joy I never anticipated! You are an awesome God!
1 comments:
Your story reads like mine, Carissa! And now I'm married and a child is on the way. And I know God is and will be continually equipping me for what is to come! *hugs*
Post a Comment