I HATE peas! I always have, always will. But, I wanted my daughter to like them. They are nutritious and boy, can you make a lot of pureed baby food out of one bag of peas! However, our pea adventure has not turned out as I hoped. On her first taste, she got a strange look on her face like she was thinking, "This is...interesting." Four bites later and she didn't want anymore. The next time I tried, she took a bite and then gave a look like, "This is...slightly disgusting" and then gagged two bites later. Okay, so I decided Daddy could give it a try since she always eats well for him (I think he's more fun than I am...I'm business, Daddy plays). She took one bite and then closed the lips tight. So, is hating peas genetic? Not sure. I'll give it another go sometime and got good advice on how to get her to perhaps like peas, but we'll see. Alexis' destiny might just be inherited from her mommy: NO PEAS!
P.S. The title of this post refers to a great bib my mom got Alexis that says "Give Peas a Chance!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment