A Few Favorites

Haven't thought of much of anything to blog about, so I thought I would share some of Alexis' favorites at the moment :-D

Above all, there is Maisy. Maisy is a mouse. Maisy has a TV show and books. We watch Maisy every morning at 8:00 and when she asks for Maisy during the day we read Maisy books. She knows all Maisy's friends' names: Charley, Eddie (she calls him Ebbie :-D), Cyril, Tallulah (Tuh-tuh). I actually have fallen in love with Maisy, too. Maisy's world is so adorably cute. I got an iron on transfer of Maisy to put on a shirt for my girl as well! Here's Maisy and friends (minus Ebbie):


The animals she is currently into are bats and sharks. Yes, you read that right. Bats and sharks. She saw a video of Stellaluna and thus began the bat obsession (it might be because I then got out an old beanie baby bat and gave it to her as well :-D). Then she saw a shark at the zoo and in a book Grandma Kay Kay brought her and sharks are a thing, too. I went to the library and got books on bats and sharks. I really didn't think that these would be the kind of books I'd get at the library for my girl :-D


Tags! Alexis LOVES tags. These she has loved for quite a while. Tags are her comfort. When she is tired or upset, she finds a tag to rub between her fingers. Her favorite tags? The one on her Marilyn Bear from Build-a-Bear (that she takes to bed every night), the one on her purple blankie, the one on her car seat frog and the one on her red bib. She's rubbed the wording off the bear and frog tags!


Finally, give her the yogurt! She wants her "go-gur" several times a day, though I limit it to two at the most. The best yogurt I have found is Gerber Graduates' yogurt. It doesn't have to be refrigerated and you can take it anywhere without worrying about keeping it cold. She now eats it by herself with a spoon (though she still drops a bit and mommy sits there with several pieces of paper towels!)


I just have to say that I love watching Alexis be thrilled with life. I love that she loves Maisy, bats, sharks, tags and yogurt. Children are stoked by the simple things. I think I've rediscovered the joy in the little things through enjoying what Alexis loves right along with her.

And really, lately, I've seen God in the little things, too. I've appreciated the fact I get to sing to Him on Sunday morning, that I can start my day reading his truth and that I can pray at any time. Maybe letting Alexis teach me to love the small things awakened this appreciation in me.

3 comments:

ameybc said...

My kids all love Maisy too. I saw Old Navy had a Shark Halloween costume for babies/toddlers. Don't know if you do Halloween or not, but thought I'd let you know since Alexis likes sharks :)

Carissa said...

LOL, cool! Actually, she's *ironically* going to be a mouse this year. I have the mouse costume I wore when I was two and she's going to wear it :-D

Diana said...

I love that she has a Marilyn bear. Very fitting. :-) And that she's like bats and sharks. She would probably enjoy the Dallas Aquarium and the shark tunnel there. LOL

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger