A Child's Perspective on Valentine's Day

So I recently became a stay-at-home mommy.  I am loving it.  I have no regrets coming home.  The pressures of grading and lesson planning don't infringe on my daughter's needs and life.  That is not to say I am doing nothing besides taking care of her, but I don't mind that this is the bulk of my existence these days.  I know I will appreciate this time I had when she grows up and heads out the door for her own individual adventures.  This was all the more confirmed to me today when my daughter made a Valentine's Day card for me and "wrote" this inside:

 I wrote underneath what she said her squiggles meant: "Thank you, mommy, for playing."  Wow.  My heart was touched.  I am so glad my daughter sees that I love her through the time I spend with her.  If you haven't yet today, spend some time with your little ones on their terms--it will express the words "I love you" more than anything.

1 comments:

Diana said...

Love it! I'm glad you are getting to spend this time with her too!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger