Prayers for Pregnancy

I know a lot of people that are passionate prayer warriors. They pray for everything and anything and they never forget. I'm not as good as that. For example, if someone on Facebook says she needs prayer, I pray right then, because if I don't, I'll forget. It's also that the sheer number of prayer needs overwhelms me so that I can't keep up with it all.

That said, there are certain people in my life that get prayer all the time. These are mainly people I am close to because I know their needs intimately and so I can pray with more purpose and insight.

On top of this, though, I have been burdened (I use this word because what is prayer for others but lifting their burden along with them) with a specific group of women to pray for. About two years ago, women began to come into my path all at once who had either had miscarriages or lost babies early in their little lives. As I learned about these women's walks with God through their troubles, I began to pray for them...and pray and pray and pray. I couldn't forget them and God kept bringing them to mind. For quite a while I have made it a prayer ministry to pray for mommies who have faced loss to have subsequent pregnancies.

Why do I say this now? Because in the last week, I have learned that three of these women are pregnant. I am just stoked and excited to see God's blessings in the lives of these women. God is answering my diligent prayers and I am just so grateful he has asked me to be involved in the process. As I held Alexis today, rocking her to help her sleep, I realized that these mommies are heading towards the most beautiful experience of their lives. And I prayed again for those mommies and those little babies that God has knit in their wombs.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I have read some of the blogs mentioned on your other blog. It's amazing to see the faith that maintains these women as they blog about their loss. It's also great to see the way that you support them, and others, through prayer. It's even greater to call you friend.

Carissa said...

Diana, you just made me teary and made me feel honored. Thank you! Love you!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger