Weight Issues

It is so depressing and disheartening to me that I cannot get rid of the last 13 pounds of my pregnancy weight. I hardly have any time to exercise and I am always so busy. I feel ugly. I struggle with the idea that I should have lost the weight by now and look so much better. Every picture I see in baby magazines has women that look great, so skinny. Even though I know that the media always presents women as skinny minnies, it just still makes me feel ugly.

What I hate most about this feeling is that I know I shouldn't have it. I know that God looks at the heart. I know "charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." So why can't I get over the feeling that I looked like a beached whale and stop hating myself?

1 comments:

Michelle Henry said...

Losing weight is just difficult at any rate. At least you have a good reason that it was gained. I know it doesn't help much, but just be patient with yourself. We all think you are beautiful and the product of that weight gain is super beautiful as well!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger