Safe in My Arms

Holding my little girl is one of the best things in the whole world! This morning, Alexis woke up before 6:00 (which she rarely does) and cried. I admit part of me just wanted to keep sleeping, but I put on my bathrobe and went into the nursery. I took her out of the crib and sat in the glider with her. She put her sweet head on my chest and went back to sleep. So what did this mommy do? I just rocked contentedly, letting her sleep on me. I fell asleep a little while in, too, though sleeping in a glider isn't as comfortable as my bed. But you know, that didn't matter to me at all. Because my girl was sleeping in my arms. She knew her mommy was there and everything was fine. I love cherishing these precious moments. She won't always sleep in my arms. In fact, she already sleeps in my arms so very rarely that I relished every moment I held her. It's nice to be able to hold, love and protect your little one and let her know you are there for her.

I bet God likes to hold us just as much, loves when we choose to come to him and just bask in his protection and love. I have a sneaky suspicion that mommy instinct is a direct reflection of God's image in us women.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger