Easy Barefoot Baby Sandals--No Sew!

I have fallen in love with the cute baby sandals that are becoming popular right now, the ones that are made with elastic and shabby flowers. I bought three pairs at a consignment sale and have loved them. Then it dawned on me that I could probably make my own. But I like easy crafts. So I looked around the web and found a way to make baby sandals in no time--in five minutes or less! All you need for this project is elastic (I like the soft, silky kind), fabric, a round object to trace, a button, clear loom bands and a hot glue gun.

First, you'll make the elastic band that will go around your baby's foot. Follow the instructions found here. The author mentions she thinks it would be better to hot glue the elastic in the middle than at one end. I hot glued it in the middle so you can't see the seam and it worked fine.

Next, make your flowers or rosettes. I found a genius idea for doing this in no time flat using round cuts of fabric, a button and a loom band. Check out this YouTube video here. So easy!!! Then glue the flowers on the elastic.

That's it. So very easy and you can make them in any color you like. Here's my girlie in her whole outfit wearing her new baby sandals!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger