I am mommy's brain.
Mommy used to live alone in here,
but now she doesn't.
She had a baby, you see.
And now baby's in here with me.
Only baby's grown up a lot,
but that hasn't changed anything a bit,
'Cause all day long,
mommy shares her space with baby.
It's "Gotta get baby to school,"
"Gotta pick up some more food for baby,"
"Gotta entertain baby,"
"Gotta give baby a bath."
Baby, baby, baby.
It's like baby took over when I wasn't looking.
Now, that's not so bad except this brain knows
that mommy's memory took a hit when that happened.
I mean, she forgets so many things now;
her thoughts are mostly a jumbled fog.
I know the reason for that because I supervise the organization in here.
You see, baby came in and a lot of other stuff got filed to the back.
So, you can't really blame mommy for her lack of mind;
it's not really her fault; it's baby's.
Honestly, I think mommy is quite inefficient now.
I mean, really, wasn't it better when it was just mommy in here?
I decided to ask the amygdala about this
(we don't usually talk much because they're far too flighty).
They told me that even though mommy's rearranged me,
the memories she's storing are happier and stronger than before
and that this showed baby was a good thing.
Hum...Really?
I had to think about that for some time.
Think, think, think...
I guess, even though mommy is less efficient,
prone to forgetfulness and lapses in rationality,
her will has been strengthened.
Like even on a bad day, she puts up with baby,
feeds it, cuddles it when it cries, tries to cheer it up.
Maybe, just maybe, her reorganization of me is because she loves it?
Maybe she's reshuffled her priorities,
put all her own stuff aside as an act of love.
Hum...I suppose that makes sense.
I guess I'll just have to put up with the reorganization for eighteen years.
Wait! What's that amygdala? Mommy will love it for its whole life?
Yikes! I better get used to be being the way I am now
'cause this isn't ever going to change.
1 comments:
And you wouldn't trade it. You are a very good mommy!
Post a Comment