Yeah, so, I thought this would just be a fun, little poem, but it suddenly got very introspective and a little scary. I even debated if I wanted this out here. But, yeah, here I am. I'm letting you into the depths of my soul--tread gently.
I Am
I am intellectual and sensitive
I wonder what others really think of me
I hear motors whirring
I see puzzles decoding
I want to be seen for who I truly am inside
I am intellectual and sensitive
I pretend I don't care what others think
I feel my heart thumping
I touch each heartbeat
I worry that I talk too much and say the wrong thing
I cry when I think I've failed
I am intellectual and sensitive
I understand God made me who I am
I say God loves me no matter what
I dream to speak freely one day
I try to banish fear
I hope people will see me as God sees me
I am intellectual and sensitive
I wonder what others really think of me
I hear motors whirring
I see puzzles decoding
I want to be seen for who I truly am inside
I am intellectual and sensitive
I pretend I don't care what others think
I feel my heart thumping
I touch each heartbeat
I worry that I talk too much and say the wrong thing
I cry when I think I've failed
I am intellectual and sensitive
I understand God made me who I am
I say God loves me no matter what
I dream to speak freely one day
I try to banish fear
I hope people will see me as God sees me
I am intellectual and sensitive
3 comments:
Love it! It actually flows well and is cohesive. My "I AM" poem is all over the place :)
LOVE it. good for you for sharing. it's who you are after. beautiful and honest.
This is great. Funny how so many of these turned out to be really personal. I love yours and am glad you shared it. (Visiting from Mama Kat's!)
Post a Comment