The Most Precious Words in the Universe

Have got to be "I love you," whether said to a spouse, friend or child. But, coming from a child to his or her parent, it just seems to be all the more precious in that little quiet voice. Yesterday evening, Roger and I were getting Alexis ready for bed and she looked up at him and spontaneously said, "I love you, daddy." Then she paused and said again, "I love you, daddy." Oh be still my heart! It was the most precious moment I have ever witnessed. I think daddy was a little taken, too! This was the first time that I know of that she just up and said "I love you" to someone. She says it to me every night after I say it first. I just thought it was the sweetest thing to hear. She just loves her daddy!

1 comments:

Michele said...

That is the most precious thing to here! How I feel hearing my kids say "I love you, daddy" makes my heart jump for joy and have often thought is this how our Heavenly Father feels when we say "I love you, daddy" to our heavenly Father? I love how experiences through our children make little things become so real!

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger