Thunderstorm Fear

We had our first instance last night of a child scared of a thunderstorm. It was thundering, lightening and raining very hard at around 1:30am and Alexis started to cry. My hubby said it sounded like she was scared. I got up to check on her and she was standing up in her crib, holding the crib rail and crying. Poor girl!

So I picked her up and brought her into our room. She sat against me in the bed and kept pointing at the window when the lightening flashed and pointing up at the ceiling as if asking, "What in the world is all this?" Of course, after a while she just wanted to start climbing off the bed, so I took her back to her room and rocked her to sleep, waiting for the storm to calm down.

I remember when I used to go into my parents' room and snuggle between them during a thunderstorm. It was always so comforting to know my parents were there and I was safe. I love that I can also give my little girl this assurance.

I also love that we can go to God during any thunderstorms in our life, point at them and ask, "What is this? What is going on? I don't understand and I'm afraid," and then snuggle up very close to Him and trust Him to comfort us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Mommy Musings | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger